COVID Update: April 29, 2020
We hope that you and your family are doing well. This has been a most unusual time and we have all been through a lot over the last few weeks. Just like you, we are anxious to get back to our normal routines, which for us, center around taking care of you! We miss you!
Our practice has a formal “Business Philosophy” that includes “Our Credo,” which simply means, “I believe.” These are the areas that we focus on, in priority order.
- High Quality Dentistry and Sterilization
- High Quality Culture
- High Quality Patient Experience
We know that if we OBSESS over the quality of our dentistry, sterilization, and culture, then we will be able to deliver an extraordinary patient experience.
Ultimately, our desire is to bring peace of mind to our patients. We mention Our Credo simply to let you know that our practice is obsessed with your protection. It is part of our core fabric.
Below is an excerpt from the American Dental Association recommendation for patient communication that is appropriate to share with you.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We have had someone in the office throughout the shutdown to take your calls, answer your questions, and bring in emergencies when necessary. The relationship we have with so many of our patients is special, particularly our widows and widowers and those living alone. We have been, and will always be, there for our patients!
Please call us with your questions or to schedule an appointment. You can also follow us on our website and social media to stay updated.
Thank you for your trust and loyalty. We look forward to seeing you very soon!
Here is an additional short message from Jody, our Practice Manager.
The Doctors and Staff of Melanie Pugh, DMD, PA